- New products
- Second Hand
- Special offers
- Leadmusic Exclusives
- Electric Guitars (87)
- Effect Pedals and Multi Effects (248)
- Guitar Amplifiers (56)
- Basses (14)
- Bass Amplifiers (20)
- VacuumTubes for Amplifiers (14)
- Acoustic Instruments (53)
- Accessories (61)
- Computer & Software / PA-Equipment & Microphone (62)
- Vintage & rare instruments (22)
- Amistar resophonic
- Asher Guitars
- Bad Cat
- Blue Microphones
- Darkglass Electronics
- DB-11 Decibel Eleven
- DR Strings
- Elrick Bass Guitars
- EMG Pickups
- Ernie Ball
- ESP / E-II
- ESP Guitars
- Fender Guitars
- Finger Ease
- Furch Guitars
- George L’s cables
- Gold Star
- Gretsch Guitars
- Greuter Pedals
- Heritage Guitars
- IK Multimedia
- ISP Technologies
- Jacques Stompboxes
- Jetslide Guitar Slides
- Kemper Amps
- König&Meyer ( K&M )
- Leho Ukulele
- Line 6
- Mark Bass
- Martin Guitars
- Maton Guitars
- Mesa Boogie
- MI Audio Effects
- Mission Engineering
- Modtone Effects
- Mono case
- Music Man
- Pedal Pad
- Peterson Tuners
- Preston Thompson Guitars
- PRS Guitars
- Prucha Banjo
- Rayco Resophonics
- Ruokangas Guitars
- String Swing
- Taylor Guitars
- TC Electronic
- Tom Anderson
- Tung Sol
- Two Notes
- Victory Amplification
- Visual Sound
- William King
- Xotic Effects
2 rue Albert-Richard, +41 22 731 62 72
The Empress Multidrive is three killer drive tones in one box with the ability to blend them to taste. Each drive can be individually high-pass and low-pass filtered giving you infinite possibilities at your finger tips. Don’t be fooled, this isn’t a box of clones, its three new innovative circuits delivering tube preamp sound in a 4×3 inch box.
Aristotle stated “the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.” With that in mind Empress has created a truly innovative drive pedal allowing the guitarist and bass player to marry the worlds of fuzz, overdrive and distortion however they like. Finally, in a sea of clones comes an innovative distortion pedal. The foundation of the pedal is three unique circuits which are designed like amps, not pedals.
The Fuzz allows classic tones and high gain sustain. The Overdrive adds a very vintage
character and vibe – having the break-up qualities of a small-wattage vintage tube amp. The
Distortion rounds out the pedal with a three way character switch, allowing it to go from mild
defined settings to the blistering compressed lead settings of a high gain amp. The Empress
Multidrive circuitry uses almost every type of gain element available to give each section a
unique flavor and tone.
“We ventured into the sea of distortion pedals with great trepidation. We really strived to
create something unique that wasn’t just a clone. It was really important to us that this pedal
sounded more amp-like than the sterile sound people have come to expect from pedals” says Dan
Junkins, VP of Awesomeness at Empress Effects. “I’m proud to of what we achieved; the sound
quality and versatility of the Multidrive make it an asset for just about any guitar player.”
“ For years I’ve made records recording multiple amps running in parallel. It opens up
lots of tonal possibilities. You can take the tight low end from one amp and combine it with the
smooth high end character of another amp to get unique tones.” says Jason Fee, Multidrive
Designer “The Multidrive puts that same principle into pedal form and allows you to tweak the
blends really efficiently”.
Additionally, the pedal has a fully configurable AB switch which allows the player to
switch between 2 preset combinations of drives at the press of a stomp. This makes switching between tones live really easy.
• All Analog Signal Path – innovative analog signal path which harnesses the best characteristics of germanium diodes, class-a BJT amplifiers, FET distortion and soft led clipping curves to deliver amp-like tones.
• Ultimate Control – independent control over the amount of fuzz, distortion and overdrive that gets added in parallel to create the final sound. Each can have a high pass or low pass filter engaged.
• Incredible Value – The Empress Multidrive is three pedals in one!
• Classic Fuzz – great fuzz sound which allows for smooth, rich sustain and great note definition.
• Vintage Overdrive – Unique overdrive circuit which has athe smooth germanium break-up and the compressioned characteristics of a tube amp.
• Versatile Distortion – With three modes, the distortion will go from controlled to sizzling, all while retaining a super tight low end. It naturally compresses at high gains like a hi-gain amp.
• Bass – Works great on bass! It’s eEasy to blend a distorted top end with a crystal clean low end to get an aggressive vibe with punchy and dynamic lows.
• Comprehensive EQq – Smooth sounding high and low shelving EQ combined with a powerful frequency selectable mid band bell.
• True Bypass – The Empress Mmultidrive employs true bypass, so you can be sure that it’s not affecting the signal when disengaged.
• Presets – Use the select switch to toggle between 2 preset combinations
• Small Size – The enclosure measures approximately 4.5″ by 3.5″ by 1.5″, which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit.
• True Display LEDs – Bright multi-color LEDledss always let you know what the Mmultidrive is doing.
• Beautiful Case – It has a sparkle you can’t deny!